Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Loosing Your Grip Can Be Painful



I noticed a week ago when I was washing dishes that my right hand could not hold a grip...it came and went through out that day. I thought it was in my head and pushed it out of my mind. It was wishful thinking… the reality of my right hand loosing its gripping motion became a reality in the worse way.

I was curling my hair Monday night because I had an early morning doctor’s appointment. I was wearing one of my thin nightgowns with a plunging neckline and spaghetti straps. Yes, I believe in going to bed looking and feeling sexy. Looking and feeling sexy went out the window when I lost my grip on the curling irons, I could not move fast enough; the hot irons hit me on my chest near my right under arm.

I immediately felt the pain and burning, I did not see a mark by the time I went to bed so I thought I had escaped being burnt. It was a job to finish curling my hair, but to keep from being hit with the curling irons incase I lost my grip again, I put on a robe to cover my expose skin. I woke up the next morning and saw that I was SCARRED; I went to my scheduled doctor appointment. I had to reveal that I lost my gripping motion AGAIN and I showed her my scar, she revealed to me that my scar was a second-degree burn. I also got that pitiful look from her; I hate that look. To me that look is telling you sh*t is changing for you.

3 comments:

Diane J Standiford said...

My hands starting loing it about 18
years; matter of fact I am seeing an OT about a brace for more of my left hand fingers. For years I couldn't toe with both hands at work, thn they relapsed for many years, except for my left pinkie. Then my wedding ring fing began to stiffen/curl- got a ridculous brace for it in 2005(I posted about it)---you have time...try not to get too down, just MS, until tere is a cure/fix--we have to dig deep and love ourselves, MS is now a part of you and me. Embrace, love, focus all you have not the losses. You are a strong woman.

Diane J Standiford said...

And see all the typos? Grrr
losing not loing
type not toe
then not thn
finger not fing
there not tere
Grrrr, but that's life.

Blinders Off said...

Diane,

Yes, I am a strong woman, but it is getting difficult, I am barely holding on.

I had another accident today and I am falling fast into that "D" tunnel. I am trying to handle my emotions about my circumstances without seeking help, but a strong woman also need to know when to admit she need help.

I NEED HELP… I will be back soon.