Friday, May 30, 2008

BACK ON TRACK....Stronger Every Day



It feels WONDERFUL to be back to myself. My burns are healed and my mind is back from hell. I beat myself up for allowing symptoms of MS take me down the way it did. It is not as if I do not know what I am living with and what I need to do to stay in control of my life living with MS.

The worst thing I or anyone else can do to themselves is allow depression to swallow you up. Admitting depression does not mean you are crazy, but you freaking feel as if you are when you are engulfed with depression. Many people will not admit when they are depressed, but I hope if you are reading this and you feel depress or know someone who is do not be afraid to seek help.

Not everyone get a chance to go to hell and come back!

">

6 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

Glad to have you back on the rails again. Hope we never have you 'derail' again.

Lisa Emrich said...

You are an inspiration. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I am down in that deep dark place for over two weeks now (not blogging either). One of the highlights of my day is visiting blogs and slowly, I am crawling up out of the hole.

I'll not go into it here, but I am not afraid of letting people know that depression can grab me anytime and anywhere.

It's not always MS that is the root. Usually it is one of the men in this house! Then the MS symptoms kick in, but they are not the cause of the depression. They only add to it.

I know that I am not the only one suffering depression but I am alone while I am in it. Only by reaching out to others can I make others aware, but they cannot dissolve it for me.

I have received a couple of emails from caring folks and that has truly helped. Thank you for your post.

Blinders Off said...

Mdpa,

I do not plan on derailing again, this derailing was out of my control, but I am back in control :)


Lisa,

Thank you

Blinders Off said...

Anne,

The "Healing Storm" is dedicated to you. Music stirs the soul and I am a firm believer that it helps when depression creeps into our lives. The previous music videos are the ones that really stirred my soul and helped me on the road of getting out of the “D” tunnel. I pray the “Healing Storm” steer you out and know that I am always an email away. Take care of yourself and I will check in often to see if you are back to blogging.

Diane J Standiford said...

Great post, your compassion for others can only help you too. Godspeed!