Sunday, June 21, 2009

Held Captive Only If You Allow It



Summer is a beautiful time of the year. Lots of activities and events are planned for outdoors. Unfortunately, when you live with multiple sclerosis the heat during the summer can hold you captive if you allow it.

I was looking forward to attend an annual political picnic Saturday. I knew it was going to be hot, but I was not going to let that keep me from trying to make the event this year. The heat was extreme, I could not last any more than getting out my car and making it to the grounds. Oh, well that is life living with MS. I felt good trying it instead of staying captive in the house because of the temperature outside. There is always next year.

It can get depressing when you try to attend an outside function and the heat is too much for you to enjoy it. Instead of getting depress always have a back up plan or two if you have to leave an outside event because of the heat. Enjoy every day of the summer month regardless of the heat. Plan accordingly by monitoring the weather report.

The weather report for next week here is 97 degrees across the board, with the heat index well over 100. I already planned accordingly :)


I AM NOT GOING TO LET THE HEAT OF THE SUMMER HOLD ME CAPTIVE IN MY HOUSE…HAVE A WONDERFUL SUMMER…I PLAN TO!

No comments: