Friday, February 13, 2009

Love is...



I know this comes as a surprise, I actually hope it’s a pleasant and welcome one. I’ve been thinking about you and just wanted to say hello and to let you know that I still "Love My Friend"! I pray that all is fine in your world! I remember telling you that we are Friends to the end and nothing has changed here! Every relationship/friendship takes some hurdled and bumps but that's what makes us strong. I Love you! Happy Valentine's Day! Sandra, your Friend to the End!!!

My life long friend hurt me deeply months ago and I have not spoken to her since. I admit I missed her and I thought of her often, but I could not get what she said out of my head. For that reason, I refused to hang on to our friendship.

When I received her above email, I cried and picked up the phone and called her. The first words out of my mouth were, “I missed you too”. She start crying and when she composed herself she said, “I wondered if you were going to email me back and what it was going to say. I am happy you called, I love you and I missed you. I was depressed about my son and said things to you I did not mean.”

I explained to her, “Words are more hurtful than being physically hit, because words rewind in your head often and the hurt is felt over and over again. In order to move on, I forgiven you months ago, but I was happy to receive your email. I love you too.” We continued to talk as if nothing happened between us.

Valentine Day this year means more to me... because I have my friend back.

V-Day is not just about expressing love to a significant other, it is also a day to let everyone you love KNOW IT.
Your children, mother, father, sister, brother, friends, lover, etc.


3 comments:

Lisa Emrich said...

Oh, wow. Thanks great!!

I also love that image at the top. Hope that you have a glorious weekend.

Unknown said...

That's beautiful and I'm glad things finally worked out for the best. Love you and Happy Valentines Day!! :)

Herrad said...

Happy Valentines to you too.
Lov,
Herrad