Monday, February 28, 2011

Trying To Make A Difference



I am on a course in my life whereas I am not blogging much here at Living with MS. For those who have been reading my blog over the years, you know I have always been involved in my community volunteering with different non-profits, but lately this non-profit is where I have been devoting a lot of my time and I have been busy researching and writing grants for other non-profits. It is also no secret that I am an activist in my community trying to make a difference in the small southern suburban area outside, but in the same county of the city of Memphis.

I have been spending my time at my new blog called Living in Millington that I started November 19, 2010. For a new blog my stat numbers and response from residents are impressive and encouraging. I am still around, however in 2012 we will be electing a New Mayor and my goal is to make sure a good ole boy or one of their descendants DO NOT SIT IN THAT CHAIR. That is why I will be blogging more at Living in Millington than I will here.

I have been stopping by and reading your blogs, I just have not been leaving a comment. That will change soon, I will drop a comment now and then even it is just stay say HI... my way in letting you all know I am have not forgotten you.

12 comments:

Desertflower said...

Glad to hear from you again, and to know about your other blog. I always read this blog and will now read the other one as well. Living in a small good ole boy town as well, I know what that's like and believe me, I can definitely relate LOL!

It's great and very inspiring to see you're so active and involved in spite of the MS. Best of luck in your endeavors and best of health.

Black Diaspora said...

Thanks for the update.

Blinders Off said...

Hi Desert Flower and BD:

I been busy at my other blog and life issues. I will be updating here again soon. My MS is trying to slow me down, but life is too short and I REFUSE to give in to MS.

imascatterbrain said...

Suddenly I see that Blinders Off, Lisa Emrich, LivingWithMS, and Carnival of MS Bloggers are all ONE PERSON!

Do you eat and sleep? Or do you have a whole other secret "Claire Kent" alter-ego for that?

BRAVA!

Blinders Off said...

Scatter,

LOL...I Wish!

@GNN said...

Hello, high functioning MS friend, just thought you might like this link that came by my path - beautiful MS poetry - Peace be with you on the MS journey
http://lapazconvos.blogspot.com/

Herrad said...

Hi Debra,
Glad you are still here, very glad.
I shall visit your new blog.Sorry I have not been visiting much recently.
Since I have been spending more time sitting in my wheelchair I have not been visiting.
Tonight I decided to visit as many blogs as possible.
I just passed by to say hello.
I hope you are doing well.
Love,
Herra

Daly said...

I enjoyed your posts. Thank you for sharing.

Sherry Showalter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robert said...

It is also no secret that I am an activist in my community trying to make a difference in the small southern suburban area outside, but in the same county of the city of Memphis.
Extenze Male Enhancement

Tre said...

I'd love to talk about this whole MS thing. I emailed you as well. with love.

Tre

chiroii@yahoo.com

jaikant said...

I have read but i have not understood so far the exactly use of Multiple sclerosis
What is MS